The McKesson Total Rewards Team is hiring a Director of U.S. Benefits who will be based in our Global Headquarters located in Las Colinas, Texas or in our Regional Office in Alpharetta, GA. We are seeking an experienced HR Benefits leader who can develop and execute innovative programs, establish financial budgets, deliver results for a large, self-insured benefit plan, manage a team of experienced benefit professionals, build effective and successful relationships with our program vendors and consultants, and effectively interact and engage with the HR Leadership Team, Finance, Legal and senior business leaders. The Director of Benefits will report directly to the Vice President of Benefits and Retirement Plans and will be expected to provide strategic recommendations, and oversight and program management across all U.S. Benefit, build relationships and support an effective partnership with our HR Shared Services, and will lead and develop a team of two to three professionals.
Reporting to the Vice President of Benefits and Retirement Plans, this role will lead the design, governance and financial optimization of health and welfare programs, including medical, dental, vision, wellness, life, voluntary, disability, and paid time off benefits in the US. S/he will be responsible for developing strategy and design recommendations to maintain McKesson’s competitive positioning and create a positive impact to the wellbeing of its employees.
· Program Management – design, develop and implement cost efficient benefit programs and strategies that align with McKesson’s business objectives, are competitive in the marketplace, and address employee needs; monitor external trends and opportunities for continuous evolvement of future health and welfare programs
· Plan Compliance - Oversee the compliance, reporting, and governance of health and welfare benefit plans in accordance with ERISA, DOL, and other regulatory agencies and with all internal controls & audit requirements. Monitor ongoing and developing benefits legislation and public policy direction to ensure plan compliance with all laws and regulations in jurisdictions where McKesson operates. Partner with internal and external legal teams to ensure policies and procedures are compliant with current regulatory requirements; assist in preparation of plan reports and filings as required by government agencies, and update plan document and amendments thereof
· Mergers & Acquisitions – collaborate with the Total Rewards team and internal partners to consult on health and welfare issues, identify potential risks, prepare plan comparisons, and negotiate solutions for onboarding
· Vendor Selection and Management -- Lead vendor evaluation and selection process; ensure vendor is held accountable for performance targets and addresses delivery issues
Typically requires 10+ years of relevant experience with 5+ years in a leadership capacity
• Experience with design, implementation, and administration of a wide variety of U.S. benefit health & welfare plans, ancillary benefits, and wellness plans.
• Experience with identifying, selecting, and managing vendors, including the development of RFI's and RFP's and the ability to incorporate necessary technical requirements into contracts.
• Experience working with large, complex companies in the healthcare insurance industry is required.
• Manager, leadership; managing teams, direct reports
Preferred Skills and Experience:
Prior M&A related Benefit integration/assimilation experience is a plus.
Prior Experience managing vendor relationships with Alight & Fidelity is a plus.
Advanced certification (CEBS, SHRM) is a plus.
Highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint; experience with Workday a plus.
Strong financial and quantitative skills, ability to use data analysis to proactively derive insights and support fact-based decision making.
Ability to partner and influence across HR and with business leaders; and to build relationships, collaborate and influence outcomes
Ability to build business cases to obtain support from the HR leadership team and key business stakeholders
Effective communicator at all levels with strong customer service focus
Understands and embraces technology and has demonstrated experience delivering benefit programs and participant communications using various digital platforms
Ability to apply rigorous performance analytics, establish processes that analyze and measure the ongoing effectiveness of various benefit programs/initiatives, and course correct as needed
Strong working knowledge of IRS, DOL, ERISA, HIPAA, ACA, COBRA, FMLA and various other regulations that impact McKesson’s benefit programs
Demonstrated ability to articulate and influence strategy and gain alignment with key stakeholders; persuasive with excellent written, oral and interpersonal skills
Demonstrated ability to solve complex issues and generate alternative solutions through rigorous qualitative and quantitative analysis; strong financial acumen Strong project management, vendor management and organization skills
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Must be authorized to work in the US. Sponsorship is not available for this position.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status. Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.
McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to McKessonTalentAcquisition@mckesson.com . Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.
Current employees must apply through the internal career site. To apply CLICK HERE.