The Amazon Global Benefits team is seeking a Benefits Manager for Pharmacy Plans to provide strategic and operational program management support to enhance the pharmacy benefit member experience. The ideal candidate will work closely with key pharmacy leadership and department leads to bridge the vision for pharmacy benefits to implementation at an operational level.
The candidate must be able to dive deep into details and work collaboratively with internal and external partners to execute and monitor operational performance of pharmacy programs that provide members with reliable and simplified access to high-value therapies that improve health outcomes. You will work in a dynamic, ambiguous and fast-paced environment with a team focused on pharmacy benefit strategy, design, and delivery, reporting to the Senior Manager of Health Plans.Key job responsibilities
- Translate voice of customer data into strategic program management recommendations to enhance pharmacy benefit member experience
- Work collaboratively with vendor partners (e.g. pharmacy benefit managers, health plans, pharmacies) to implement pharmacy benefit design and process improvements
- Develop product specifications for internal and external technical teams to build new pharmacy solutions and cross-vendor integrations
- Manage multiple concurrent projects and reconcile interdependencies among them
- Develop and maintain vendor relationships- Monitor, document and analyze member escalations- Provide consultative SME support in the areas of pharmacy procurement, finance, communications, contracting and compliance
- Prepare proposals and summary documents for senior leaders
About the teamThe Health and Wellness Benefits Team ensures that our employees and their families have access to high quality, affordable, and frustration-free care by offering world class healthcare programs and services. We are striving to be Earth’s Best Employer, and are hiring for several new roles to help us build innovative solutions to meet the needs of our large and diverse employee population. This role contributes to these efforts, and collaborates with many internal and external leaders and teams.We are open to hiring candidates to work out of one of the following locations:Seattle, WA, USA
- At least 5 years of experience leading strategic and operational pharmacy program management in a complex, matrix environment in health plan, employer benefits, at a pharmacy benefit manager, or as a pharmacy benefit consultant- 2+ years of experience with health care vendor management- 2+ years of experience analyzing large amounts of medical and pharmacy benefit drug data and communicating findings with senior leaders- Knowledge of project management and MS Office applications- Bachelor’s degree or higher in healthcare, business, HR or related field
- Master’s degree or higher in healthcare, business, HR or related field
- Proven track record of effectively forming collaborative team relationships with senior administrators, department managers/directors, clinicians and vendors in complex organizations to coordinate the launch of innovative and successful pharmacy programs
- 2+ years of experience working in pharmacy care delivery such as retail, hospital, or clinic
- 5+ years of experience in employee pharmacy benefit plan design, along with the associated complexities of plan administration, associated payroll processes, regulatory requirements and benefits program taxability
- Prior experience with patient support programs including but not limited to copay assistance, free drug/bridge education, and medication adherence initiatives
- High aptitude for managing specialty pharmacy and medical benefit programs
- A proven track record of delivering on large, complex projects- Exceptional critical thinking/problem solving skills, comfortable analyzing large amounts of medical and pharmacy benefit drug data and communicating findings with senior leaders
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to interface with all levels of the organization and influence business leaders- Ability to thrive in a work environment that changes rapidlyAmazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets.
The base pay for this position ranges from $135,100/year in our lowest geographic market up to $201,000/year in our highest geographic market. Pay is based on a number of factors including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Amazon is a total compensation company. Dependent on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. For more information, please visit https://www.aboutamazon.com/workplace/employee-benefits. Applicants should apply via our internal or external career site.